Please read through the following before applying for the Anime Matsuri Media Team.
We will be approving a limited amount of experienced photographers and videographers for a press badge in exchange for time in shooting our various events for social media and marketing purposes.
These are the requirements:
- Three hours of shooting at any main events of your choice.
- One hour of shooting at any of the following locations: Panels of your choice, and photos of crowds of people within the George R. Brown Convention Center and/or Discovery Green.
- One hour of shooting at Anime Matsuri’s official cosplay group meetings.
- Three hours of shooting in all areas of the Exhibit Hall
- A minimum of eight hours of time shooting points 1 – 4 throughout the weekend.
- If approved, a signed Anime Matsuri Media Release Form.
- Media must be sent by September 20, 2020.
Below is a list of the main events. You are welcome to shoot or attend any more events you want to see. You are not required to stay more than a hour at any event.
Main Events List (3 hours required)
Opening Ceremonies – 1 hour
J-Fashion Show – 1 hour
Formal Dance – 1-2 hours
Cosplay Show – 1.5 hours
Club AM – 1-4 hours
Closing Ceremony – 1 hour
The media release form is required in the case that Anime Matsuri would like to use your media for social media and marketing purposes. There will be no monetary compensation, however you will be credited for your media and linked to your social media if it is available.
Only one applicant per photographer or videographer.
Approved media team may not charge money and profit from photography or videography during the convention weekend.
Please understand that failure to meet all the requirements may result in not being able to obtain a press badge for Anime Matsuri 2021.